The Museum in Ivančice
The Museum in Ivančice is one of the oldest regional museums in Moravia. It is located in the building of the Secondary School of Transport, Trade and Services at 25 Krumlovská Street in Ivančice. The Museum does not have its own exhibition space. It, therefore, holds short-term thematic exhibitions in the gallery of the Alfons Mucha Memorial on Palackého náměstí.
The Ivančice Museum was founded by a museum association, which was established in 1893 and managed the Museum until 1951, when the association's activities were terminated. The opening ceremony of the Museum took place on 10 June 1894. At present, the Museum in Ivančice is one of the branches of the Brno Region Museum.
The Museum is distinguished by the richness and diversity of its collections. Its collection fund consists of a variety of materials ranging from archaeological finds, historical and ethnographic objects, manuscripts and books, coins, photographs and works of art to natural items. There is also a collection relating to the life and work of the world-famous painter and decorative artist Alfons Mucha, a native of Ivančice.
In 2020, the Museum opened a permanent exhibition "Lapidarium of the Museum in Ivančice", which is located in the Oslavany Chateau. The exhibition presents a collection of architectural fragments, tombstones and other stone artefacts from the collections of the Museum in Ivančice. The objects come from different time periods from the Middle Ages up to the 19th century.